Monday, December 28, 2009

Boxing Day Christmas Dinner

I could not recall a Boxing Day that rained nearly the whole day. Good thing was it wasn’t heavy; just light rain. That night, my brother and I went to my dad’s friend, Tony, for a Christmas dinner. Dad could not come along as he was having gout.



Tony certainly knows about cooking and makes really nice food. This time he roasted a turkey which turned out to be the juiciest turkey I ever eaten. The meat was not dry like many turkey meat that we usually have to endure during Christmas. I took a few helpings. I packed some back and my wife also declared that it was the juiciest turkey that she ever eaten. Wasted I forgot to take a photo of it.



Tony also made wonderful stuffing and fruit cakes. For the fruit cakes, he actually preserved the various fruits in liquor for about a year!



His brother contributed delicious braised pork with pau which in my opinion was better than Westlake.

Looking towards last year’s Christmas dinner at his place again!

No comments:

Post a Comment