Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Nadaman Shangri-la, Singapore

I don't frequent Nadaman though it has been around for a long time. While the quality of food is good, I feel the presentation rather dry and tiring. It's always the same style. But they have royal customers and with the strategic location of Shangri-la, it will continue to survive. The few times that I was there, it was never fully occupied. Same for today when we were there.
There were four of us. We decided to have mixed sashimi, grilled Japanese fish (can't quite catch the name), grilled beef and chiraishi. The mixed sashimi was quite good and very fresh. I was impressed with the grilled fish (which unfortunately I did not remember the name). It was crispy on the skin and juicy at the fresh. But the best was the chiraishi with generous amount of burst-in-your mouth roe, toro and uni. I think it's worth a visit if not just for the chiraishi.












mixed sashimi






japanese bonito? the captain said tis the season





wonderful grilled fish






grilled beef






fried beef and garlic ... love the fried garlic






the best of the lot - chiraishi with salmon roe, toro and uni



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment