Monday, July 2, 2012

Hinoki - my favourite Japanese sushi haunt

Hinoki is my favourite Japanese food haunt.  While the quality is just slightly lower than places like Tatsuya; the ambiance, the huge portion and the chatty-ness of the two chefs more than make up for it. And of course it does not hurt so much on the pocket as well.
Was there last week on  a special occasion.


 started off with mini home-made tofu covered with burst-in-your mouth salmon roe...
 followed by mini-sashimi with generous slices of flounder

 I asked Lawrence if he had any special stuff and he threw me this Japanese sea urchin.  Full of the taste of the ocean.

And of course followed by generous portions of sushi ;-)






and ending with a special chiraishi from Lawrence ...aji chiraishi.  First time I had this with aji and it was real good.

No comments:

Post a Comment