Thursday, October 28, 2010

Bedrock@96 Somerset

Ever since a couple of ex-colleagues brought me to Bedrock a month ago, I have been there another two times - once with my wife and the latest was with my two school mates from way way back to celebrate my very backdated birthday.

I didn't know that the restaurant has been around for nearly two years - gosh where have I been. The food is a-ok lah but there is a couple of stuff that I would highly recommend - their home-made bread, the jamon and the Australian tomahawk wagyu beef.

The home-made bread is soft and fluffy with a nice fragrance. It is simply lovely with some butter spread on it. The jamon is of course delicious. I have no idea why the AVA took so long to allow such heavenly meat into Singapore. Everytime I eat jamon in Singapore, it reminds me of my visits to the supermarket section of Galeries Lafayette in Paris and sitting down with my buddies consuming (yes consuming ;-) ) loads of jamon accompanying by some cheap table red wine while the wives are happily shopping at the other end of the building. Imagine the truckload of $$$ that we would have saved (on the wives' shopping) if jamon were available in Singapore then. The tomahawk is simply fantastic. Always ask for medium rare so that you can simply enjoy those juice (some call it blood) flowing out of the meat when you are chewing it.

Unfortunately no photos taken as the place was a tad too dark for the iPhone. It's really high time that I get a camera.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment