Friday, October 15, 2010

Farm restaurant at Yushan Mountain-Shanghu Lake in Changshu

Went for dinner at this restaurant at the Yushan Mountain-Shanghu Lake. This place is said to be very scenic and cooling with the river flowing by the side of the mountain. The local authorities are trying to do up the place to be like a mini West Lake Tiandi over in Hangzhou. But I think they are long way off as Changshu is not a popular tourist destination with tourists.

The restaurant serves local produce and watch catch. One of the dishes was wild turtle and they served it wholesome. A couple of my colleagues did not even touch it as it looked gruesome.I didn't enjoyed the dinner except for the local Chinese wine. They have a "6 star" loo and my advice is to finish dinner before you visit the loo as you may not have the mood to eat ;-).

Whole turtle dish.....











Dismembered......







Big bowl of oily chicken soup and enough for three bowls per person for a table of 12!






Verdict - no way I am going back to this restaurant.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment