Monday, August 3, 2009

Mini Wine Drinking Session -@ PetroCentre – 31 July 2009

We went for a small wine drinking session at Alain’s PetroCentre. When I reached there, Andrew was already there and Alain had opened 2 Italian wines – a 1994 San Leonardo and a 1995 Montselapade- to breathe.




Both of them gave me puzzled looks when I asked them if their wives told them any exciting news. Alamak, their wives have not told them that my wife is expecting. I had the honour of breaking the news to them. Our guess is that the wives thought that I would have told their husbands. Hahahahaha. Anyway, they were very happy and began to tease me what I will be expecting from now onwards. Alain happily said “This calls for a celebration and we need to open Montrachet and Musigny!!!” He quickly went into his cellar to bring out a 2001 Domaine Amiot Guy et Fils Montrachet, a 1999 Domaine Comte Georges de Vogue Musigny and a De Sousa rose champagne. Unfortunately, Alain had left the De Sousa in the freezer and the bottle was practically iced! He had a hard time trying to prevent the bubbles from spurting out of the bottle. It was kind of fun watching him forcing his hand onto the nose of the bottle and trying to slowly open a small gap for the bubbles to fizzle out. Somehow, he managed to salvage about 4 glasses of the wonderful De Sousa. I think he has to wait for the ice in the bottle to melt to get some more champagne. But I am not sure if you can still call it champagne after that ;-).
Chris, William and SSK joined us a short while later. William bought 1.5kg of roast pork (gosh!!!) and Anna made some nice bread and focaccia. All of us enjoyed the Montrachet and Musigny as well as the two Italian wines. What can I say for the best two type of wines in the world;-). Thanks to Alain for being so generous opening these wines. The only regret is that my wife can’t join us for the occasion and the fabulous wines.

No comments:

Post a Comment