Monday, January 4, 2010

Not Feeling Well

So did you enjoy the New Year long weekend?   Not so cos I was not feeling well.  Must have caught a virus somewhere.  Had a big head and neck ache, slight fever, sore throat, some slight cramps on my legs.  A few of my friends and colleagues were also having the same problems.
I decided to have my own prescription and sleep over it - 
(a) Used cold pack to bring down the slight fever - effective!
(b) Took 2 strong panadols to kill the aches - effective!
(c) Lots of sleep and water - effective!
(d) Got mum to boil her version of TCM sore throat killer - effective!

By the second day, I was almost recovered.  Mum decided to do another round of the TCM sore throat killer.   I did a check of the ingredients she mixed to conjure up this sore throat killer.  These were mainly Chinese herbs but, gosh, she also included a few big dried black bees!!!  YES, BIG DRIED BLACK BEES.  I do not have any idea how these bees contributed to the cure but so long as it cures my sore throat which had made eating (and swallowing saliva) a bit of a pain, who cares?


Boiling the TCM sore throat killer.  Notice one of 
 the black bees?  The wings are spread out
in the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment