Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Chef Alba leaving Alba@Keong Siak Street

I have only been to Alba once and that was when it was owned by Nicholas. I remember it was a wine tasting event and my impression of the food was so-so only. But I kept hearing rave reviews of the food by Chef Setia, a young Japanese chef who spent years working the kitchens in France (so I was told).

Finally, managed to lunch there today and guess what happened? Chef Setia is leaving Alba and today is his second last day! He will be going to a new Italian restaurant owned by a Japanese guy in the hedge fund business. We had a word with him and he said that the new restaurant will be higher end and at Boat Quay. It will be opened in December.

Now back to the food. We had sea bream carpaccio as starter,







followed by roasted Hokkaido scallop in a red casserole,




and then some type of pasta.




The main course was crusted roast lamp




and finished with a tiramisu.





As Chef Setia is moving to a new restaurant, I find it no point to elaborate on the food except to say that it was wonderful. Should have been there earlier. But am looking forward to his new restaurant and expecting it to be much better as he confidently stated.





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment